Sunday, June 24, 2007

rock the boat


Canoeing! Melina, Joanna and I wanted to do something fun before Melina leaves for Greece on holiday (I'll try not to mention how jealous I am)...(whoops). We decided on (you guessed it) canoeing. Jo lives on the Du Page river, AND owns a canoe, so how kick ass is she?! We were worried that the weather wouldn't allow this little adventure, but everything worked out perfectly. We didn't tip once! Which is a new thing for us, we were expecting to take the splash. Everything was so green and beautiful, and the bug count was minimal. We were all over the place though, because everyone just paddled at will. Altogether it was a really great day, catching up with old friends while enjoying the scenery. It was quite an adventure, we saw snakes, geese, fish, turtles, and a very tiny nun. The nun in particular was interesting. She was on a bridge that we were passing under, and she wouldn't stop waving at us, after a little while we just started to ignore her, couldn't wave and paddle at the same time, maybe she doesn't make it out much.

These pictures made me realize how screwed up and crooked my glasses are, they are so old.

And if you're wondering why I'm not wearing my life vest, Melina is sitting on it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you rock