Sunday, November 27, 2005

Rebuilding Burnt Bridges

Not sleeping being a favorite past-time of mine, I've been researching places in Alaska that appear to be adventurous. My cousin/best friend, Kathy, and I have been talking about spending the summer there with her brother who is stationed in Anchorage. We could get part-time jobs to fund our excursions and just venture around a beautiful part of our country. This all sounds amazing to me, but we'll see if it actually happens, Kathy is much more concentrated on school than I am. My mind has been in the clouds too often to concentrate on school. I thought that I was ready to settle down and go to work, but I'm not. Looking at old pictures of my trips to Japan and the UK, I've realized that I WANT MORE! A college degree today, being the equivilant of a highschool degree 15 years ago, I feel stuck. I know that I would like to get that degree one day, but I just don't feel like it. I feel like this is the time to be adventurous and work my way around the world before I have a job that only lets me do that 2 weeks out of the year. Not knowing what I want that degree in doesn't help either. Sometimes I feel as though everyone's degree should just read "FOR THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF COMPLETING 4 YEARS OF BUSY WORK"


No comments: